What is the API? We’re glad you asked! Our API lets you interact with Rev.io’s usage-based billing platform and data without knowing how we store it or having access to our database.
As part of our commitment to keeping our Communications and IoT clients ahead of the competition, Rev.io is constantly developing new tools and features, with our new REST API the latest (and possibly largest) enhancement to our usage-based billing platform.
And, we didn’t create the REST API just for our clients and partners, but for ourselves too! We’re moving towards an API-first architecture, building Rev.io itself on top of our REST API. That means consistent behavior whether you’re using our web interface or making an API call, and you can count on us to keep the API up to date.
our passion for innovation keeps clients ahead
As telecom and fleet management service providers, streamlining internal processes and managing usage rating are crucial to your success. That’s why we’re focused on making it easy to integrate with Rev.io. Using our REST API, clients and partners can connect Rev.io directly to third-party systems, eliminating manual errors and saving you time.
Since we already have a SOAP API, you may be wondering why Rev.io spent the time and resources to build a brand new REST API. For us, the decision was simple.
Our REST API provides significant benefits over the SOAP API:
- Standard HTTP methods – Well-known web methods like GET and POST mean you spend less time learning how to talk to our API.
- More data formats – Supporting many data formats (including XML, plain text, HTML, and JSON) makes it easier for you to work with us.
- Cache memory/ stateless client – We get to keep track of less data, and you get faster API access and easier recovery from errors.
- Increased visibility & reliability – We’ll be making the same API calls you are, so we’ll see issues and make enhancements sooner.
- Easy implementations – All these benefits make using our API faster and easier!
In addition to designing and building our REST API, we’ve also released our Developer Portal, a centralized place for REST API documentation, FAQs, and sample requests and responses, where you can make real API calls and get questions answered fast!
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK & GET IN TOUCH
Already using the REST API? Clients can share feedback and suggestions using the Rev.io Ideas forum and the REST API Idea category. Your feedback helps us shape the future of Rev.io’s REST API and usage-based billing system. New to Rev.io’s REST API? You can learn more by watching our Live Demo of Rev.io’s REST API & Developer Portal webinar or by reading our REST API information sheet.
Not a client or partner yet? Get in touch with us to learn more about our rating engine, usage-based billing, workflow processes, device inventory, and customer management platform! This blog post is the first of a two-part series about our REST API – subscribe to Rev.io to hear about future API enhancements.